Delicious Chili Rice
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients37 m servings 312
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Cook ground beef in a skillet over medium heat; add onion and garlic. Cook until meat loses its pink color and browns, and onions have softened. Drain fat from the skillet.
- Pour water into skillet; add tomatoes, black beans, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer; reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Bring to a boil. Add rice. Reduce heat to low and cover; simmer until rice is tender, about 7 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Garnish with any of the following: shredded cheese, sour cream, cilantro, green onion.
- To kick up the heat, add some chopped jalapeno when browning the ground beef. You can also add a few dashes of hot pepper sauce and/or a bit of cayenne pepper and/or crushed red pepper flakes when adding the chili powder and cumin.
Per Serving: 312 calories; 10.5 22 20 47 116 Full nutrition