Jan's Cranberry Curd
2 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 55
Original recipe yields 24 servings (1 1/2 cups)
- Combine cranberries and water in a saucepan over medium heat; cook, stirring occasionally, until cranberries begin to open and pop, about 10 minutes. Lightly crush cranberries with a spoon or potato masher; remove from heat.
- Combine egg yolks and egg in a bowl; add sugar and whisk until frothy and smooth. Spoon 1 tablespoon hot cranberry mixture into egg mixture and whisk immediately. Continue adding hot cranberry mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time and whisking after each addition, until 1/2 cup hot cranberry mixture has been incorporated.
- Pour cranberry-egg mixture into hot cranberry mixture and immediately whisk together. Blend mixture with an immersion blender until curd is silky and smooth.
- Cook curd over medium heat, whisking constantly, until a low boil is reach and curd coats the back of a spoon, about 5 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat. Add butter to curd and whisk continuously until incorporated.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute orange juice for the water, if desired.
- Place warm curd in clean jars and refrigerate if not using warm.
- You can run the berries through a strainer at the end of Step 1 if you want to remove any pulp. If you do, then skip the pureeing part in Step 3.
Per Serving: 55 calories; 2.7 7.5 0.6 38 5 Full nutrition