Asian-Inspired Sloppy Joes
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 769 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 rolls)
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add pork; cook and stir until pork is no longer pink, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add scallions, ginger, lemongrass, and garlic powder; cook and stir until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in soy sauce and ketchup. Cook until flavors combine and mixture thickens slightly, 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine cabbage, wasabi mayonnaise, rice vinegar, and lime juice in a large bowl; toss to mix slaw.
- Split each bread roll and fill with pork mixture. Top with slaw before serving.
- Cook's Notes:
- Add 2 tablespoons water in step 2 for a saucier mixture.
- Serve the pork mixture on a bed of rice and stir-fried broccoli and bok choy instead of making sandwiches if preferred.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 769 calories; 32.5 g fat; 84.6 g carbohydrates; 38 g protein; 79 mg cholesterol; 1593 mg sodium. Full nutrition