Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 627
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Rub the cut sides of the garlic over the bottom and sides of an 8-inch baking dish.
- Spread a layer of potato slices in the bottom of dish. Pour in a third of the heavy cream; sprinkle a third of the Comte cheese on top. Season with salt and black pepper. Repeat layers twice more, ending with layers of heavy cream and Comte cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until potatoes are tender and cheese is golden brown, about 1 hour.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 627 calories; 49.9 29.5 17.2 180 209 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
Classic recipe! Simple and pure flavors. I did have to increase the baking time to about 90 minutes, tenting the dish lightly with foil the last 30 minutes. The nice thing is, this needs t...
Used a starchy potato cut 1/8 inch thick. Takes a good 90 minutes to cook.Used half and half instead of heavy cream. Used Swiss cheese and a bit of Provolone since I could not find Comté. Season...
Very easy and tasty. I brought it to a Christmas party and it was a hit. I couldn't find Comte cheese at my local market and didn't have time to go searching for it, so substituted an aged Gruye...
Wonderful dish. Researched and found that I could use Gruyère or Provolone in place of the Comte, so used Provolone. Excellent.
It was delicious! I did make some changes, though. I used Gruyere cheese. I also used half milk and half cream. I diced a little garlic and mixed it in. I think next time I may cook it a ta...