Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 627
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Rub the cut sides of the garlic over the bottom and sides of an 8-inch baking dish.
- Spread a layer of potato slices in the bottom of dish. Pour in a third of the heavy cream; sprinkle a third of the Comte cheese on top. Season with salt and black pepper. Repeat layers twice more, ending with layers of heavy cream and Comte cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until potatoes are tender and cheese is golden brown, about 1 hour.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 627 calories; 49.9 29.5 17.2 180 209 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
Classic recipe! Simple and pure flavors. I did have to increase the baking time to about 90 minutes, tenting the dish lightly with foil the last 30 minutes. The nice thing is, this needs t...
Very easy and tasty. I brought it to a Christmas party and it was a hit. I couldn't find Comte cheese at my local market and didn't have time to go searching for it, so substituted an aged Gruye...
It was delicious! I did make some changes, though. I used Gruyere cheese. I also used half milk and half cream. I diced a little garlic and mixed it in. I think next time I may cook it a ta...
The Comte cheese is required. It formed up and was extremely rich and wonderful.