made it | 0 reviews |
"This delicious custard-like dessert is a specialty from Bordeaux, France. You'll need 25 fluted dessert (cannele) molds."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 d 2 h servings 179 cals
Original recipe yields 25 servings (25 caneles)
- Combine milk and vanilla beans in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let cool to lukewarm, about 10 minutes.
- Beat eggs and egg yolks together in a large bowl. Gently stir in confectioners' sugar, flour, and rum. Pour in warm milk mixture, discarding vanilla beans; gently stir until smooth. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let batter rest in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Coat fluted molds with butter and freeze until coating is set, about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Remove batter from the refrigerator, uncover, and pour into molds, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until deep brown in color, about 50 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately invert each canele on a wire rack to cool, 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 179 calories; 6.1 g fat; 27.5 g carbohydrates; 3.6 g protein; 75 mg cholesterol; 52 mg sodium. Full nutrition