Chicken Bacon "Sushi"
"I saw this bacon sushi idea online somewhere, but I did not save it, so I had to wing it from memory and kept it as simple as possible. I made it for the March Madness final and the whole family loved it! I made it in the toaster oven on convection at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) and kept a close eye on it."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 84
Original recipe yields 20 servings (20 pieces)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Measure out a 20-inch square piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Lay out slices of bacon side-by-side, overlapping slightly, to create an even layer on the parchment paper.
- Combine ground chicken with barbeque seasoning; spread evenly onto the bacon layer from edge to edge. Place Havarti cheese slices lengthwise on top. Lift the parchment paper to help you roll a log, starting with the edge of bacon closest to you.
- Bake in the preheated oven, rotating baking sheet every 15 minutes, until bacon is crispy and chicken is cooked through; an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and cool until easily handled, about 15 minutes. Slice into bite-sized "sushi".
- Cook's Note:
- All substitutions are possible: turkey bacon, ground beef, different spices, different cheese, different fillings (like spinach), etc.
Per Serving: 84 calories; 5.1 0.3 8.9 27 361 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Yum yum.. meat and cheese. What's not to like? I used my favorite turkey bacon, grated some onion in with the ground turkey and because I have far too much time on my hands, did a weave with th...