Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 26 m servings 334 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add beef; cook until evenly browned, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Place potatoes, carrots, onion, and garlic in a slow cooker; top with browned beef.
- Pour 1/4 cup beer into the same skillet and bring to a boil while scraping the browned bits of beef off of the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon. Stir in tomato paste; cook until thickened, about 5 minutes. Pour beer mixture into slow cooker.
- Pour beef broth, remaining beer, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper into slow cooker.
- Cook on Low for 8 hours.
- Cook's Note:
- Stew can alternately be cooked on High until potatoes and carrots are easily pierced with a fork, 3 to 4 hours.
- Easy Cleanup
- Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup
Per Serving: 334 calories; 14.9 g fat; 29.8 g carbohydrates; 17.5 g protein; 51 mg cholesterol; 365 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
So simple to make with great results. You can never use too much garlic. This easily adapts to a pressure cooker.