Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 93
Original recipe yields 35 servings (70 1 1/2-inch cookies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Puree avocado in the bowl of a food processor. Add butter and blend until creamy. Add applesauce, sugar, and milk; pulse to combine. Add egg; pulse until smooth. Add pudding mix, vanilla extract, baking powder, and salt; pulse until dough is smooth and pastel green.
- Place pistachio nuts in a resealable freezer bag and crush with a meat mallet. Add crushed pistachio nuts and flour to dough; pulse to combine.
- Drop tablespoons of dough 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets; flatten gently.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bottoms are beginning to brown, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on baking sheets, 5 to 10 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Grease baking sheets lightly instead of lining with parchment paper, if preferred.
- Substitute vanilla extract with the scraped seeds of 1 fresh vanilla bean, or 1/8 teaspoon of pistachio flavoring.
- I flatten the cookies with the end of the pusher from your food processor. If you don't flatten the cookies, they'll bake up in softly flattened mounds; they're lovely either way.
Per Serving: 93 calories; 3.1 14.7 1.6 9 139 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
3.15.16 Followed this recipe with one substitution, using sugar-free pistachio pudding mix. Also, my avocado was very small, so I used all of it. The cookie dough was on the soft side after p...