Ethan's "Hungry Man's Cast Iron" Meatloaf
Ingredients3 h 10 m servings 520
- Place a large cast iron skillet in the oven. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine ground beef, Italian bread crumbs, noodle soup mix, 1/2 the tomato sauce, eggs, onion, ketchup, cracker crumbs, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, barbeque sauce, steak sauce, salt, 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/2 teaspoon onion powder in a large bowl; mix well.
- Mix remaining tomato sauce, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl until topping is smooth.
- Remove skillet from the oven. Place ground beef mixture in skillet, smoothing the top. Spread topping over beef.
- Bake in the preheated oven until beef is mostly cooked through, about 1 hour 30 minutes. Remove from oven and drain off grease. Return to the oven and continue cooking until meatloaf juices run clear and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C), about 1 hour more.
- Remove meatloaf from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 520 calories; 26.2 33 36.6 187 1884 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I made this with organic ground turkey meat. My family enjoyed it and I would definitely make it again.
Super tasty! I halved the recipe, and it was plenty of food for six of us with leftovers. I used 7 dry individual cup a soup chicken soup packs since I couldn't find the Lipton pack, and it wa...
I am not comfortable with the reliability of this recipe. I followed it exactly with one exception: I used only 4.2 pounds of meat--although I did use parchment on the bottom of the skillet....
Excellent and clearly makes plenty. Like the crispy edges by using the skillet! It was a lot of measuring so I winged it on a few but got all the major stuff. Turned out great...I didn't realize...