Ingredients30 m servings 338
- Place kale in a large serving bowl; add 1 teaspoon olive oil and 2 pinches salt. Gently massage the oil and salt into kale. Set aside to allow kale to soften, about 10 minutes.
- Combine 1/4 cup olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, cumin, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper in a plastic or glass container with a lid. Cover container and vigorously shake until dressing is light yellow and evenly combined.
- Layer carrots, roasted corn, tortilla chips, almonds, and smoked cheese on top of kale. Drizzle dressing over salad. Mix salad using tongs to evenly distribute. Gently stir eggs into salad.
- Cook's Notes:
- Depending on the size of the lemons, maple syrup may need to be increased if the dressing is too tangy.
- I always taste-test the dressing before adding it to the salad. So I recommend tasting and adjusting the maple syrup, salt, pepper, and/or Dijon mustard.
Per Serving: 338 calories; 24.4 23.7 10.8 110 378 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 14
Had to buy more kale after I tried this recipe. I shift it up adding cranberries, grated zukes. Awesome!
delicious! I left out the corn and tortilla strips. still fantastic!
Sooo good! I was tired of my usual kale salad recipe with cranberries and sunflower seeds. This was a very welcome change. I have been sharing it with all my family.
This was a great recipe! We left out the eggs and it was still great! Even my kids loved it!
Fantastic recipe! I served it as a main course with a side of Italian bread and cheese. My grocery store didn’t have shredded smoked cheese so I cut up a small block of habanero smoked white che...
Delicious! Prior to this dish, I had only had kale baked in a strata or as a chip and had avoided it raw. Boy, was that a mistake! It's very hearty and satisfying. I thought the vinaigrette was ...
I LOVE this recipe. The basic dressing is the bomb. I skip the maple syrup just bc I love the zip of lemon juice. I added walnuts, craisins and herbed crumbled feta and I am not sharing. I don't...