Ingredients30 m servings 338 cals
- Place kale in a large serving bowl; add 1 teaspoon olive oil and 2 pinches salt. Gently massage the oil and salt into kale. Set aside to allow kale to soften, about 10 minutes.
- Combine 1/4 cup olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, cumin, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper in a plastic or glass container with a lid. Cover container and vigorously shake until dressing is light yellow and evenly combined.
- Layer carrots, roasted corn, tortilla chips, almonds, and smoked cheese on top of kale. Drizzle dressing over salad. Mix salad using tongs to evenly distribute. Gently stir eggs into salad.
- Cook's Notes:
- Depending on the size of the lemons, maple syrup may need to be increased if the dressing is too tangy.
- I always taste-test the dressing before adding it to the salad. So I recommend tasting and adjusting the maple syrup, salt, pepper, and/or Dijon mustard.
Per Serving: 338 calories; 24.4 g fat; 23.7 g carbohydrates; 10.8 g protein; 110 mg cholesterol; 378 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
Had to buy more kale after I tried this recipe. I shift it up adding cranberries, grated zukes. Awesome!
Sooo good! I was tired of my usual kale salad recipe with cranberries and sunflower seeds. This was a very welcome change. I have been sharing it with all my family.
This was a great recipe! We left out the eggs and it was still great! Even my kids loved it!
I LOVE this recipe. The basic dressing is the bomb. I skip the maple syrup just bc I love the zip of lemon juice. I added walnuts, craisins and herbed crumbled feta and I am not sharing. I don't...
This is the best kale salad! Can mix up the flavor a bit by using different cheeses, otherwise follow directions as they are written and it is delicious!
The kale was on its last legs and I had to find a recipe asap. I tried this one and it was so fantastic, even tho I substituted some of the ingredients. I'm gonna enjoy making different variatio...
I have tried this salad a few times when somehow kale wound up in my shopping. I didn't want to throw it out and didn't know how to prepare it. I got on my favorite food app and found this recip...