Aunt Bert's Fruitcake Cookies
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 204 cals
Original recipe yields 70 servings (140 cookies)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- Place raisins, candied cherries, dates, and candied pineapple in a bowl; stir in 1/2 cup bourbon whiskey; set aside to soak.
- Beat butter and brown sugar together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat one egg at a time into the butter mixture; beat in vanilla extract and cinnamon with last egg.
- Stir pecans and fruit mixture into butter mixture; stir in self-rising flour alternately with remaining bourbon whiskey as needed to form a soft dough. Drop tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven just until cookies begin to look dry, about 30 minutes. Cool cookies on a wire rack; store in a sealed container lined with waxed paper.
Per Serving: 204 calories; 11 g fat; 24.6 g carbohydrates; 2.2 g protein; 15 mg cholesterol; 97 mg sodium. Full nutrition