Maple Bacon Milkshake
Ingredients50 m servings 517 cals
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line and cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place a baking rack on top of foil layer and spray rack with cooking spray.
- Place 4 bacon slices on the prepared rack. Coat 1 side of each slice with 1 tablespoon maple syrup using a pastry brush. Take ends of each strip and twist in opposite directions until the syrup-glazed side is twisted into the interior and the bacon is coiled tight. Place toothpicks in each end of bacon strips to hold in place.
- Bake bacon in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove baking sheet from oven and brush the twisted bacon with another 1 tablespoon maple syrup. Continue baking until cooked through and crispy, about 5 minutes more. Remove baking sheet from oven and cool bacon.
- Place the remaining 4 bacon slices in a skillet over medium heat; cook, flipping occasionally, until crispy, about 5 minutes. Keep bacon grease in the skillet.
- Transfer the bacon slices from the skillet to a saucepan, pouring about 1 tablespoon bacon grease into the saucepan. Add the remaining 6 tablespoons maple syrup to saucepan. Cook and stir bacon maple syrup over medium heat until flavors have combined, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and cool, allowing bacon flavor to infuse into the syrup, about 10 minutes.
- Remove bacon from maple syrup and place on a work surface; chop into bits.
- Combine bacon-infused maple syrup and milk in a blender; blend on low until combined. Add ice cream and blend on medium until mixed, but still thick. Add most of the bacon bits and stir until incorporated into the milkshake.
- Pour milkshake into 4 glasses and top each with 1 tablespoon whipped cream. Sprinkle remaining bacon bits over whipped cream and garnish each with a bacon twist.
- Partner tip: Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 517 calories; 25.2 g fat; 61.6 g carbohydrates; 13.6 g protein; 89 mg cholesterol; 565 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
OMG! These milkshakes are so incredibly awesome. It's now officially confirmed, bacon makes everything waaaaaayyyy better....including milkshakes. Make sure to use premium ice cream and real map...