Johnsonville Cheesy Pepper Poppers
From the Kitchen at Johnsonville Sausage
Ingredients32 m servings 95 cals
- In a large skillet, brown and stir sausage until the meat is crumbled and no longer pink; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine cooked sausage, cream cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Spoon mixture into prepared peppers.
- Arrange filled peppers on an ungreased baking pan. Bake in a preheated 400 degrees F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- To grill: preheat gas grill or prepare charcoal grill according to manufacture's directions. When ready to grill, place peppers on a grilling tray over low heat (gas grill) or on medium-high on a charcoal grill, 4 to 6 inches from coals; cover. Grill for 10 to12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- *To remove casings, cut sausage link end to end, about three-quarters of the way through. Flip sausage link over, grasp casing and pull off.
- **Safety tip: wear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
- Serving suggestion: serve "poppers" with your favorite ranch or blue cheese dressing.
Per Serving: 95 calories; 8.7 g fat; 1.6 g carbohydrates; 5.2 g protein; 25 mg cholesterol; 230 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I made these for a family/friends bbq and everyone absolutely loved them. Although, I used spicy sausage and added bacon bits. Wearing laytex gloves while working with jalapenos was a great ti...