Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 123
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch square glass pan with cooking spray.
- Place black beans and coconut oil in a saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat until the beans are warmed through and the coconut oil is melted, about 5 minutes. Mix in eggs, maple syrup, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, salt, and baking powder.
- Transfer black bean mixture to a blender. Cover and blend into a smooth batter, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour into greased pan and sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until batter pulls away from the sides of the pan, about 30 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting, about 30 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- If using canned black beans, omit the salt.
- Substitute butter for the coconut oil if desired.
- Substitute honey for the maple syrup if preferred.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 123 calories; 6.6 14.3 3.4 35 218 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
I added selva Rey cacao rum and these brownies are delicious
Sorry, but no one in my family liked them.
The brownies were really not good. First off, I was about to add chocolate chips when it dawned on me that then they wouldn't be sugar free.. same with sprinkles. I used unsweetened cocoa powder...
I guess I should know better than to think "healthy brownies" can taste good. I do love the nutrition of the black beans and my 3 year old actually finished the one on his plate but politely ref...
This is definitely a keeper for my household. The dense texture may not be for everyone. I used an 8x11 glass pan and the only issue I had was that the brownies "stuck" a little. More cooking sp...
If you do not like sweets, and enjoy the bitter taste of dark chocolate, you MIGHT like these. I followed directions to a T, and my husband and I didn't really care for these. I even added some ...
I added walnuts instead of chocolate chips for health reasons. As well, I didn't have quite enough black beans so used 1/2 cup of white kidney beans that I had. I cooked it 5 minutes less in a m...