Spanish Garlic Toast
"When we lived in Barcelona we used to eat this all the time. Warning! Everyone has to eat this. If you don't the garlic smell will drive you out of the room. We bought a garlic jar in Spain for seasoning the garlic to make the taste a bit more concentrated. It's basically a ceramic jar with holes in the back to keep the garlic out of the light so it doesn't sprout, but the holes in the back allow the garlic to dry, in order to concentrate the flavor. It works fantastic and keeps garlic for 2 to 3 months."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients13 m servings 293
Original recipe yields 6 servings (1 loaf)
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Toast bread slices until golden and crunchy, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Rub toasted bread with garlic cloves until evenly covered; rub with cut side of tomato until evenly covered. Spread olive oil evenly over slices with a pastry brush or by hand. Season with salt and pepper.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Bread can be toasted in a toaster instead of under an oven broiler, if desired.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 293 calories; 11.9 40.1 6.2 0 543 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Sometimes it's the simplest things that taste so good, and this is one of them! Nice and light, but super flavorful...this is definitely for the garlic lover...a definite keeper~YUM, YUM, YUM!!!...