Imitation Crab Casserole
made it | 0 reviews |
"This is a terrific, tasty casserole for family brunches or for you! We had this for several Easter brunches when I was a kid and I loved it! When I started cooking I asked my mom for the recipe and as an adult it tastes just as good to me now as it did then! My fiance is not fond of pasta, but likes this!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 9 m servings 264 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 9x13-inch pan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in pasta and return to a boil. Cook pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, 9 to 11 minutes. Drain.
- Combine cream of onion soup, Cheddar cheese, milk, and mayonnaise in a large bowl.
- Heat 1/4 cup butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add broccoli; cook and stir until just tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer broccoli to onion soup mixture; stir in pasta, imitation crabmeat, and tomatoes. Spread mixture into prepared baking dish. Mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and remaining butter together in a small bowl; sprinkle over crabmeat mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until brown and bubbly, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use plain or butter-flavored cooking spray, as desired.
- Margarine can be used in place of butter, if desired.
- Please feel free to use reduced fat cheese, mayo, and cream of onion soup (I do!), but make sure you use real mayonnaise; it's missing something without it and the tang of mayo-like salad dressings (not sure if I can name brands, but you know what I mean!) is a distraction from the creamy, wonderful taste. You may also enjoy using seasoned bread crumbs.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 264 calories; 12.2 g fat; 30.2 g carbohydrates; 9.7 g protein; 33 mg cholesterol; 713 mg sodium. Full nutrition