Tim Love's Burger Dog
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients20 m servings 580 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Combine the sirloin and brisket in a food processor and pulse until ground.
- Transfer the meat into a large bowl. Add the mayonnaise, shallot, and wild game rub; gently mix.
- Divide the meat into 4 equal portions; shape the "burgers" into hotdog shapes.
- Place on preheated grill and close the lid. Cook for 4 minutes. Lift lid; flip burger dogs and close lid.
- Lightly toast hot dog buns, then set aside.
- Sear the burger dogs on all four sides for extra char flavor, about 2 1/2 minutes per side for medium, or until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F. During the final minute of grilling, top each burger dog with a slice of cheese.
- Transfer burger dogs from the grill to a grill bun. Salt and pepper to taste; serve with your favorite condiments.
- Cook's Note:
- Wild game rub contains 1 part each salt, pepper, and guajillo or ancho chile powder, mixed with 1/2 part each cumin, fresh thyme and fresh rosemary.
Per Serving: 580 calories; 34.1 g fat; 27.6 g carbohydrates; 39.3 g protein; 130 mg cholesterol; 2173 mg sodium. Full nutrition