Sarah's Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 34 m servings 527
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 main-dish servings)
- Remove skin from chicken thighs; place in a slow cooker with tomatoes, chicken broth, mushrooms, and thyme.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on Low for 8 hours.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in penne and return to a boil. Cook pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, 9 to 11 minutes. Drain.
- Combine Parmesan cheese and Romano cheese together in a bowl. Scoop 1 cup of tomato mixture from slow cooker and stir in cornstarch. Pour cornstarch mixture back into slow cooker and stir well to combine. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn slow cooker off. Stir in cooked penne and top with cheese mixture.
- Easy Cleanup
- Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup
Per Serving: 527 calories; 19 49.1 38.9 104 1014 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Took a chance and made this even tho no prior reviews! I did make several adjustments (sorry...) given what I had on hand. Used 5 large chicken thighs that I browned first. Used sliced fresh mu...