Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients6 h 38 m servings 372
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 main-dish servings)
- Preheat a slow cooker on High.
- Stir tomatoes, wine, chicken stock, tomato paste, and chicken bouillon together in a large bowl. Trim chicken as necessary; sprinkle with Italian herb blend.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Cook chicken breasts until browned, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to slow cooker along with any accumulated juices.
- Place bell peppers, onion, mushrooms, and garlic in skillet, along with more olive oil if needed. Cook and stir until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour; cook until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomato mixture; bring to a boil. Simmer until thickened slightly, about 5 minutes more. Stir in olives; transfer mixture to slow cooker.
- Reduce slow cooker heat to Low and cook until chicken is very tender, 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 hours. Stir pesto and sugar into chicken mixture; cook for 30 minutes more.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use any color of bell pepper desired for this dish. Substitute chicken thighs for chicken breasts, if desired.
- Easy Cleanup
- Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup
Per Serving: 372 calories; 16.3 20.9 28.9 67 1061 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1