Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients49 m servings 296
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place morels in a large bowl of warm salted water and leave to soak, about 30 minutes. Drain.
- Combine flour, cracker crumbs, paprika, black pepper, cayenne pepper, oregano, thyme, and cumin in a large resealable plastic bag to make breading mix.
- Whisk milk and egg together in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Dip mushrooms, a few at a time, into milk mixture. Toss in breading mix until coated; shake off excess.
- Fry breaded morels in the hot oil, working in batches, until dark brown and crispy, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
- Cook's Notes:
- I make up to 10 batches of the breading mix and freeze in a gallon-size resealable plastic bag.
- Cut morels in half lengthwise if they are big, but leave whole if they are small.
- If you have a Batter Pro™ bowl for breading, that's what I use.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of breading ingredients. The actual amount of breading consumed will vary. We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 296 calories; 14.6 32.6 9.7 54 60 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1