Ingredients41 m servings 508
- Place chicken stock in a small saucepan over medium heat; bring to a simmer.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until butter starts to bubble. Add asparagus and morel mushrooms; saute until tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate with any accumulated juices.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in the same saucepan. Add shallot; cook and stir until softened, about 1 minute. Stir in arborio rice and cook until it starts to toast, about 1 minute. Pour in wine and cook until evaporated. Stir in thyme.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the simmering stock over the rice. Cook, stirring constantly, until stock is absorbed. Repeat with remaining stock until rice is tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Stir in asparagus and mushrooms with their juices and continue until flavors combine, about 3 minutes more.
- Remove rice from the heat. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons butter, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, and parsley. Season with salt and black pepper. Garnish with balsamic vinegar and additional olive oil before serving.
- Cook's Notes:
- If using dried morel mushrooms, reserve the soaking liquid from rehydrating the morels and add to chicken stock. Reduce if needed; the ratio of arborio rice to stock should always be 1 to 3.5.
- High-quality balsamic vinegars (aged 18 years or more) have a rich and deep flavor that is nothing like the younger vinegars most often found on grocery store shelves. I recommend omitting the balsamic vinegar if you do not have access to a high-quality one.
Per Serving: 508 calories; 27.6 54.3 9.5 37 748 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
I found the recipe spot on for the making of the risotto, mushrooms and asparagus. However, I used less butter than the recipe called for and would recommend making it with little or no butter ...
This a wonderful recipe. The two flavors work great together. Used less butter than suggested. If you have ever made risotto before you know it will take more time to get your rice perfect. I...
Super easy!! I added a little lemon zest & garlic. The result was amazing!! This will be a go to favorite in our house!!
Absolutely spectacular! I received some Morel mushrooms as a gift and pulled up this recipe by chance. I had never made risotto before - just had the impression it wasn't worth the time - wron...
Delicious risotto! I made two adjustments - I used baby bella mushrooms in place of the morels, and dried thyme for the fresh (fresh would have been better, but my herb garden didn't make it thr...
Yummy! Didn't have Morels so just used thickly cut crimini mushrooms instead. Added black truffle oil and some red pepper flakes at the finish. Plates were licked clean!
This was very good! Please note: I did not use Morel Mushrooms, I used Baby Bellas. I also added a clove of garlic when I added the rice.
Made it exactly as directed and it is the best Morel mushroom recipe I've ever tried! Thank you!