Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients9 h 20 m servings 165
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place mushrooms in a large bowl of salted water. Soak until clean and soft, 8 hours to overnight.
- Drain mushrooms, rinse well, and set out to dry on a clean towel.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Chop mushroom stems finely. Cut mushroom caps in half lengthwise; place cut-side up in a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add chopped mushroom stems, red bell pepper, and green onion; cook and stir until green onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; allow to cool, about 10 minutes.
- Mix cream cheese, crabmeat, egg, celery leaves, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and sea salt together in a large bowl. Fold in cooled onion mixture. Place a dollop of filling in each mushroom cap with a small spoon.
- Mix bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese together in a small bowl. Sprinkle on top of filled mushroom caps.
- Bake in the preheated oven until filling is golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute orange or yellow bell pepper for the red bell pepper if preferred.
- I made my own bread crumbs from garlic bagel slices crushed with a rolling pin.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 165 calories; 13 4.4 8.2 72 356 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I am torn on how to rate this recipe and I'll try to explain why. Was the stuffing mix out of this world? Absolutely! Was a morel the best kind of mushroom to put it in? Absolutely not! I have a...