Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 66 cals
- In a blender or food processor, blend shrimp, onion, ginger, egg whites, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Cut each white bread slice into 4 triangles. Spread both sides of triangles with shrimp mixture and coat with bread crumbs. Cover and chill in the refrigerator approximately 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In small batches, fry bread triangles 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Garnish with lemon juice before serving.
- Editor's Note
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount may vary depending on cook time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 66 calories; 3.3 g fat; 5.2 g carbohydrates; 3.9 g protein; 22 mg cholesterol; 116 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Shirley, my hat is off to you. I'm originally from New Jersey & your recipe is exactly the way the best oriental resturants offer them, I've been looking for a recipe for Shrimp Toast and now I...
The shrimp toast was okay. The texture was really good. It was a bit strong on the onion side. The next time I would cut down on the onion and add more shrimp.
I was really excited to try this recipe. I had never heard of anything like it. I enjoyed it, but thought the shrimp mixture needed some kind of kick. I think I may put some hoisin or red pep...