Ingredients25 m servings 109
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Slice a very thin layer from the bottom of each fennel bulb using a vegetable peeler or paring knife, leaving the core in place to help hold bulb intact. Remove fennel stalks, reserving fronds. Slice bulbs vertically into 1/4-inch slices. Brush slices with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with ground black pepper and salt on each side.
- Grill fennel slices until charred, about 5 minutes per side; transfer to serving platter.
- Whisk remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, basil, parsley, lemon juice, lemon zest, freshly ground black pepper, thyme, and reserved fennel fronds together in a bowl. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and drizzle lemon mixture over fennel.
- Cook's Note:
- Make sure to get just the yellow part of the rind, and none of the white pith, when zesting lemon.
Per Serving: 109 calories; 7.7 9.3 2.5 2 245 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
A nice twist on cooked fennel. Serve extra "dressing" on the side; it's delicious as a dip for bread too! :-) Thank you for the recipe.
This was delicious. If you like fennel, you'll love it and even if you're not a fennel fan, you'll still love it! Dressing is perfect and goes so well with the fennel. I used some extra dress...