Vegetarian Potato and Cauliflower Curry
1 made it | 0 reviews |
"I took my favorite parts of several different recipes to come up with this rich and flavorful vegetarian curry. I usually serve it with steamed rice, which can cook as the curry comes together. Sometimes I throw a few cardamom pods in when I steam the rice. It adds a great flavor. Don't forget to remove the pods before you serve the rice!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients53 m servings 230
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 cups)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil with 1 teaspoon salt. Add potatoes; boil until easily pierced with a fork, about 10 minutes. Transfer potatoes to a strainer using a slotted spoon; rinse with cold water. Add cauliflower to boiling water; cook until easily pierced with a fork, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer cauliflower to strainer using slotted spoon; rinse with cold water. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- Combine 3 tablespoons water, curry powder, coriander, cayenne, and saffron in a small bowl until paste forms. Let curry paste stand until flavors blend, about 10 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a stockpot over medium heat. Add cumin seeds; cook and stir until seeds begin to pop. Add onion and remaining 1 teaspoon salt; cook and stir until onions begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Add curry paste; cook and stir until fragrant, about 2 minutes more. Add lemon juice, reserved cooking liquid, potatoes, cauliflower, and garbanzo beans; stir well to combine.
- Stir green peas, coconut milk, and cilantro into potato-cauliflower mixture; simmer until vegetables are heated through and mixture has thickened slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use red potatoes in place of Yukon Gold potatoes, if desired.
- Use mild olive oil or regular butter in place of the ghee, if desired.
Per Serving: 230 calories; 10.1 31.3 6.1 8 726 Full nutrition