Almond Milk Chocolate Pudding
Ingredients55 m servings 213
- Mix sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch, and salt together in a saucepan; whisk in 1/4 cup almond milk until foamy and smooth. Continue adding almond milk, 1/4 cup at a time, to cocoa mixture until mixture is smooth and foamy each time. Place saucepan over medium-high heat and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a simmer and starts to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in butter until melted and smooth. Add vanilla extract and mix well. Pour pudding into serving bowl and refrigerate until chilled, at least 30 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- If desired, you can garnish with chocolate sandwich cookies, chocolate chips (great when served warm), vanilla wafers, or graham crackers. I like lining a casserole dish with chocolate wafer cookies or chocolate grahams and filling with pudding - banana pudding style!
- Bananas are also great with this if you want to make a chocolate banana pudding.
- One to two tablespoons of instant coffee granules can be added to dry mix to convert to a chocolate mocha pudding (you may wish to increase the sugar slightly)!
- Add 1/2 shot of rum in place of vanilla, if preferred.
- Can be made with any type of milk (dairy, non-dairy, soy, fat free, or any flavor almond milk)!
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 213 calories; 3 48.1 2 2 184 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 25
Made it with all unsweetened almond vanilla milk. The instructions say to add 1/4 milk to the dry mixture and whisk until smooth - that did not happen, it was way too thick. So I just slowly ad...
I wanted a recipe with almond milk since I always have a problem with it thickening. This pudding turned out great! I used Hershey's special dark cocoa so it came out looking so rich and smooth....
Works great, is delicious, and is very flexible! I tried the recipe with half unsweetened almond milk and half regular dairy milk. I substituted the sugar and used brown sugar, and only used ha...
I made it with Allulose instead of sugar and unsweetened almond milk. I loved the texture, just like Jello. I will definitely make this again. I want to try freezing this, because I think it wo...
This is really as quick and easy as the other reviewers said! I used unsweetened almond milk, and only used 1/2c sugar. I added about 1tsp of cinnamon and it set well and was delicious! Definite...
Super recipe. Super-duper easy. Instead of vanilla, I added cayenne pepper powder. I did not add the butter. It thickens quite quickly, so keep your eye on it. Thank you for the recipe.
This pudding recipe stuck out to me because I have to be gluten free but love dessert. It was so amazing and is so rich....just how I like it! the only thing I did different was use regular 1% m...