Ingredients40 m servings 137
- Heat butter in a stockpot over medium heat; cook and stir leek and spinach until leek is tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir flour into leek mixture and cook over medium-high, stirring constantly, until mixture flour is dissolved, about 2 minutes. Remove stockpot from heat.
- Mix broth, ham, and ham bone into leek mixture; cook, stirring occasionally, over low heat until soup is slightly thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Blend yogurt, egg yolks, salt, and pepper together in a blender or food processor until smooth; carefully stir into soup. Cook soup until heated through, about 5 minutes more. Remove and discard ham bone.
- Cook's Notes:
- The chicken broth can be replaced with half chicken broth and half water, if desired.
- Fresh spinach can be used in place of the frozen, if desired. If so, cook spinach in boiling water and drain well.
- Canadian bacon can be used in place of the ham, if desired.
Per Serving: 137 calories; 8.1 8 8.1 56 368 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Changes: I used what I had: fresh Swiss Chard instead of spinach Used 1 c sour cream and 1 c yogurt instead of 2 c yogurt
Great recipe. I substituted the ham for scallops. Definitely will fix again. Also fixed a vegan version for my son who also loved recipe. Both versions I used Silk non dairy yogurt.