made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 157 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Wrap beets in aluminum foil. Place on a baking sheet.
- Roast beets in the preheated oven until tender, about 45 minutes. Unwrap carefully; let cool until easily handled, 5 to 10 minutes. Peel and chop into large chunks.
- Combine beets, garbanzo beans, olive oil, lemon juice, tahini, balsamic vinegar, garlic, spearmint, cumin, salt, and pepper in a food processor; blend until smooth.
- Cook's Note:
- Adjust seasonings to individual taste: Lemon makes it tarter, balsamic tames the sweetness of the beets, tahini makes it nuttier and creamier, salt brightens the flavors, and more olive oil will make the hummus smoother. Add extra spearmint a little at a time; it can overwhelm quickly.
Per Serving: 157 calories; 10.4 g fat; 14.2 g carbohydrates; 3.5 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 188 mg sodium. Full nutrition