Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients53 m servings 331 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Rinse and drain rice 3 times. Place rice in a bowl and pour in enough water to cover; set aside to soak.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir onion, ginger, cumin seeds, fenugreek, and turmeric until onion just begins to brown, 5 to 10 minutes. Add garlic and continue to cook and stir until onions are browned, 5 to 10 minutes more.
- Drain rice and mix into onion mixture; cook and stir until rice is dry and lightly toasted, about 3 minutes. Stir peas, carrot, green beans, and cauliflower into rice mixture; pour in broth. Cover saucepan and bring liquid to a rapid boil; reduce heat to low and simmer until rice is tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat and fluff rice with a fork. Stir cilantro into rice, return lid, and let rest for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Chicken broth can be used in place of the vegetable broth, if desired.
Per Serving: 331 calories; 6.1 g fat; 62.6 g carbohydrates; 7.9 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 311 mg sodium. Full nutrition