8 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 302
Original recipe yields 3 servings
- Place paneer in a bowl and add enough cornstarch to coat; mix well.
- Heat oil large skillet over medium heat; fry paneer until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer paneer to a paper towel-lined plate, reserving oil in the skillet.
- Combine garlic and ginger in the hot oil; add onion, green chile peppers, and bell pepper. Cook and stir until vegetables are golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Mix soy sauce, chile sauce, tomato sauce, sugar, salt, and remaining cornstarch into onion mixture, stirring in water if mixture is too thick. Add paneer; cook and stir until gravy is thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and garnish chili with cilantro and green onions.
- Cook's Note:
- Use tofu instead of paneer (cottage cheese) and go vegan!
- You can make a thick batter of cornstarch using water and then coat paneer pieces with it, if desired.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 302 calories; 8.8 34.6 22.5 22 2088 Full nutrition