Mal's Samosa Quesadillas with Curried Cabbage and Chickpeas
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 361
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 quesadillas)
- Place peas in a small saucepan and pour in enough water to cover. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cook until tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Drain.
- Place cubed potatoes in a large pot and pour in enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain potatoes; return to the pot. Cook over medium-high heat until dry, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Mash potatoes with a potato masher or whisk until mostly smooth. Mix in soy milk, green onion, 2 tablespoons curry powder, vegan margarine, 2 teaspoons turmeric, cumin, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/8 teaspoon coriander, and black pepper. Stir in cilantro. Gently fold peas into filling mixture.
- Place 1 tortilla on a flat work surface; spoon potato filling over one half. Fold over into a half-moon shape. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Toast quesadillas one at a time until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Heat a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and turn the skillet to coat. Add cabbage, chickpeas, and onion flakes; cook, stirring occasionally, until cabbage starts to wilt, about 4 minutes.
- Stir 2 teaspoons curry powder, ginger, 1 teaspoon turmeric, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, garam masala, and 1/8 teaspoon coriander into the cabbage mixture. Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until chickpeas are cooked through, about 5 minutes more. Serve alongside quesadillas.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute another non-dairy milk for the soy milk, if desired.
Per Serving: 361 calories; 9.7 58.9 10.9 0 1190 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I thought this was a really good mash-up! Only change I made was adding cheddar cheese inside the tortilla to make it more like a quesadilla.