Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients15 h 30 m servings 408
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef; cook and stir until browned and crumbly, about 5 minutes. Drain off excess fat.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in 3/4 of the onion. Add green bell pepper, poblano pepper, red bell pepper, jalapeno peppers, habanero pepper, and garlic; cook and stir until onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in cooked beef, chili beans, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, water, and scallions.
- Stir chili powder, cumin, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne into the pot. Bring chili to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, stirring occasionally, until flavors combine, about 2 hours.
- Remove chili from heat and cool briefly, about 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate, 8 hours to overnight.
- Reheat chili by bringing it to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and let chili cook slowly, stirring occasionally, for flavors to develop, 4 to 6 hours.
- Top servings of chili with shredded lettuce and remaining 1/4 cup chopped onion.
Per Serving: 408 calories; 22 30.1 26.7 70 1631 Full nutrition