Ingredients30 m servings 456
- Heat oil in deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Place potatoes in the water and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain and mash.
- Mix Italian-style seasoning and egg yolk into the mashed potatoes. Allow potato mixture to cool approximately 10 minutes, or until it may be safely handled.
- Place flour, egg white and dry bread crumbs in three separate small bowls. Roll potato mixture into 1 inch logs or balls. Cover in flour, dip in egg white and coat with bread crumbs.
- Carefully lower small batches of the coated potatoes into the deep fryer. Fry until golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- Editor's Note
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount may vary depending on cook time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 456 calories; 23.6 54.1 7.9 26 118 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
When the logs were fried all of the potato evaporated and all that was left was fried breading.
Try placing the potatoes in the refrigerator for an hour or two after they have been shaped into logs or balls. They will firm up and be much easier to handle when breading.(I used cornflake cru...
I'm using them on the weekend but after they are crumbed I will be putting them in freezer and frying them from frozen
I used cooked, cold potatoes and had no problem with them keeping their shape. I also added about 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese and cooked in bacon drippings instead of oil. Yummy.