Ingredients40 m servings 442
- Whisk coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, lime juice, sriracha sauce, and ground chile powder in a bowl until a smooth sauce forms.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrots and red bell pepper; saute until just tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Add tofu; saute until lightly browned, about 4 minutes per side. Add garlic and ginger; cook and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Pour sauce into the skillet; stir to coat tofu, carrots, and bell pepper. Cook until flavors combine, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low; stir in spinach 1 cup at a time until wilted. Serve over brown rice.
- Cook's Notes:
- The best way to drain tofu is to freeze it ahead of time, then let it defrost on paper towels to soak up the water. If you don't have time to freeze it, carefully squeeze it between your palms over the sink and let it drain on paper towels until you're ready to cook. The more you drain ahead of time, the faster it will brown in the pan.
- This recipe works just as well with chicken. You can also use different kinds of peanut butter to get different flavors and textures of sauce.
Per Serving: 442 calories; 25.9 39.2 16.8 0 649 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 23
So Amazing!! This dish was full of great flavors, pretty easy to make, and worked well over the brown rice. I'd highly recommend that anyone who likes a good peanut sauce give this a try.
This is AMAZING!!!! My first comment on this site because I’m so happy with how this turned out. I don’t like carrots or tofu so I just added broccoli and omitted those two. Wow this will be on...
I’m giving it five stars, but I admit I made a mistake making it, so I definitely didn’t follow the recipe. The problem was that after tasting it, I wanted it significantly spicier, so I added a...
Tasty. It was good with Quora chickenless strips. But, I did forget the spinach, which would have soaked up more sauce.
This is an excellent sauce recipe! It's now part of our regular rotation . Only change I make it using full fat coconut milk, and we make it a little spicier. The stir fry vegetable mix was ...