Ingredients40 m servings 442 cals
- Whisk coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, lime juice, sriracha sauce, and ground chile powder in a bowl until a smooth sauce forms.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrots and red bell pepper; saute until just tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Add tofu; saute until lightly browned, about 4 minutes per side. Add garlic and ginger; cook and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Pour sauce into the skillet; stir to coat tofu, carrots, and bell pepper. Cook until flavors combine, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low; stir in spinach 1 cup at a time until wilted. Serve over brown rice.
- Cook's Notes:
- The best way to drain tofu is to freeze it ahead of time, then let it defrost on paper towels to soak up the water. If you don't have time to freeze it, carefully squeeze it between your palms over the sink and let it drain on paper towels until you're ready to cook. The more you drain ahead of time, the faster it will brown in the pan.
- This recipe works just as well with chicken. You can also use different kinds of peanut butter to get different flavors and textures of sauce.
Per Serving: 442 calories; 25.9 g fat; 39.2 g carbohydrates; 16.8 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 649 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
I did not make any changes however as I’m enjoying it as leftovers, I think mushrooms might be a nice addition. This dish is absolutely delicious!
My daughter is vegetarian bordering on vegan, but the rest of my family is not so I am always looking for recipes that will satisfy everyone...and with an athlete husband and two other teenage b...
A wee bit sweet for our tastes so will cut back on sugar next time. Lots of veggies & used linguine.
Excellent. Added more veggies, more tofu, less spice. I also used soy milk in lieu of coconut milk. because I am not good with spices, the dish was very mild -- and I like it that way. I ...
This was delicious! I used date sugar instead of brown sugar to make it a little healthier. I also used 4 carrots instead of 2, and substituted kale for spinach because we didn't have any spinac...
This was incredibly good. My ten year old wasn’t sure when she saw what I made for lunch but after tasted it, she said, “it was a lot better than I thought it would be”. That’s a pretty good r...
Great recipe! Thank you! I browned the tofu cubes first to avoid breaking them in the sturdier vegetables. I also added bok choy and onions because I like them.