Vegetable Tofu Soup with Lemongrass and Coconut Milk
Ingredients1 h 13 m servings 475 cals
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until lightly browned, about 7 minutes. Stir in garlic and ginger; cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add curry powder; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Pour vegetable stock and coconut milk into the pot. Add yam, carrots, celery, lentils, lemongrass, and sugar. Increase heat to medium-high; bring to a boil. Reduce heat slightly; simmer until vegetables soften, 10 to 15 minutes. Season soup with salt.
- Heat remaining 3 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add tofu in a single layer; cook until lightly browned, about 4 minutes per side. Stir tofu into soup.
- Cook's Notes:
- If you can buy tofu deep-fried you can save some effort here. You could also fry the tofu ahead of time if you like.
- The soup should be pretty thick, almost stew-like, but if it gets too thick while simmering, add a bit more water or stock to get the desired consistency.
Per Serving: 475 calories; 29.1 g fat; 46 g carbohydrates; 12.4 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 219 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Good. I think next time I will dust the tofu in cornstarch before frying.
I would have given this a 4.5 if it were possible. Wasn't able to find lemongrass so had to substitute cilantro which did a fine job but maybe not stellar. Made the recipe exactly as written o...