Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients51 m servings 183 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and bay leaf; cook and stir until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add cumin, curry powder, turmeric, and coriander; cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir potatoes, chicken broth, water, canned tomatoes, and seasoning into the pot; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are mostly cooked through, about 15 minutes. Add spinach; stir well to combine. Mash some of potatoes to thicken soup. Continue cooking until potatoes are soft, about 10 minutes more.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute vegetable broth for the chicken broth if desired.
- Substitute 1/2 pound fresh spinach or chard for the frozen spinach if preferred.
- Variations: add a can of chickpeas or some cooked chicken during the final phase of cooking.
Per Serving: 183 calories; 4.2 g fat; 32.3 g carbohydrates; 5.5 g protein; 2 mg cholesterol; 563 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1