Yummy and Healthy Banana French Toast Sandwich
Ingredients16 m servings 284
- Combine egg substitute, soy milk, vanilla extract, and cinnamon in a shallow dish.
- Overlap banana slices over 1 slice of bread. Place second slice of bread on top and press down so sandwich holds together. Dip sandwich in egg mixture and coat both sides.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat; spray with cooking spray. Place sandwich in hot skillet and cook until browned, about 3 minutes. Flip it over carefully and cook second side until browned, about 3 minutes more.
- Cook's Note:
- Choose a brand of light or regular whole wheat bread that is not too soft.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 284 calories; 3.7 52.1 12.8 < 1 332 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Yummy, indeed! It's hard to find healthy breakfast recipes that are both good tasting and filling, but this was both. I used regular fat free skim milk in place of the soy milk, but that was my ...
I added walnuts and a drizzle of local honey with the banana and substituted coconut milk adding cinnamon and vanilla to the egg mixture and it turned out amazing!!! Definitely making this again...