Ingredients46 m servings 166
- Whisk eggs, 3 tablespoons milk, white sugar, and vanilla extract together in a shallow bowl until smooth.
- Heat 1/4 inch of oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Dip 4 pieces of bread in egg mixture and fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining pieces.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of milk with custard powder in a small bowl; stir until smooth. Bring remaining milk to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir custard mixture into the saucepan. Reduce heat and cook, stirring frequently, until custard thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Place 8 bread toasts on a shallow tray. Spread custard over each piece. Cover with remaining 8 toasts to form a sandwich. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Top each sandwich with a dollop of whipped cream and a strawberry. Insert a toothpick through the fruit to hold the sandwich together.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 166 calories; 6 24.5 4 52 123 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
While mine is not assembled to reflect a sandwich look, I did enjoy this recipe. I think next time I make this I'll make my own custard as opposed to using custard powder. I did reduce the oil a...
This was a fun twist on french toast and the flavor was good. I used my custard recipe that I fill cakes with and it was a nice balance with the french toast.