Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 463 cals
- Place egg yolks in a saucepan. Whisk in sugar until well blended and creamy. Add milk and cream; whisk until blended. Place pan over medium heat; whisk frequently until mixture reaches a temperature of between 170 to 180 degrees F (75 to 80 degrees C) using an instant read thermometer. Remove from heat. Stir in nutmeg and whiskey.
- Chill pan in cold water until cool. Transfer mixture to a container (a large pitcher is ideal). Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, 2 to 3 hours.
- Place egg whites in a bowl and whisk until soft peaks form. Add sugar and continue whisking until egg whites hold a firmer peak. Whisk egg whites into custard base until thoroughly blended. Refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes.
- Whisk eggnog again just before serving and between each pour to ensure even distribution of the egg whites which tend to float to the top. Serve with a dusting of nutmeg.
- Cook's Note:
- Be sure to use the freshest ingredients you can find-eggs, milk, and cream--and freshly grate the nutmeg.
- This recipe contains raw egg whites. We recommend that pregnant women, young children, the elderly, and the infirm do not consume raw egg. Learn more about egg safety from our article, Making Your Eggs Safe.
Per Serving: 463 calories; 30.7 g fat; 28.2 g carbohydrates; 11.5 g protein; 299 mg cholesterol; 135 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
Turned out great! First time making it, instructions were easy to follow, flavor is spot on. Thank you for sharing!
Exceptional egg nog! I made it the day before as recommended by another reviewer. I added rum as I like that flavor. The recipe did not list the nutmeg but it is in the video. 3/4 teaspoon in ...
DELISH!!!! I made it for 12 servings. I used 100 proof Southern Comfort. It is best made a day or two in advance. allows all the flavors to come together. it was exceptional. I made both cooke...
This is a very good recipe. The nutmeg is missing from the ingredient list however. The video says it is 3/4 t plus more for garnish
So much more flavorful than store bought eggnog. We found that it must be consumed right away though so that it does not separate.