Chorizo Steamed Clams
Ingredients30 m servings 986 cals
- Place large pot over medium heat; add olive oil. Stir in diced onion; cook and stir until onions begin to turn translucent, 3 or 4 minutes. Add chorizo; cook and stir to render some fat, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Pour in white wine.
- Raise heat to high and bring liquid to a boil. Immediately add clams and distribute evenly. Cover and cook until clams open, about 7 minutes. During this time you can occasionally shake the pot to "stir" the clams using potholders or a kitchen towel to hold the pot handles. It's best not to open the lid and stir.
- When clams have opened, remove pot from heat. Stir in butter and parsley; allow butter to melt. Serve clams in heated bowls with lots of the liquid.
- Cook's Note:
- You can really adapt this kind of thing to your tastes. Cilantro instead of parsley, leeks instead of onions, and mussels instead of clams, just to name a few. Just make sure you have plenty of grilled, or toasted bread around to soak up the glorious broth.
- The recipe yields enough cooked clams to serve 4 as an appetizer or 2 as a main dish.
Per Serving: 986 calories; 37.2 g fat; 29.4 g carbohydrates; 94.3 g protein; 292 mg cholesterol; 853 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
It was delicious. I made it with mussels and will be making it many more times. Good chorizo makes everything taste better!!
I made it! But yes I tweaked the recipe a bit, I used fresh mussels instead of clams, I added a quarter cup of diced carrots with the onion and a can of diced tomatoes with the garlic... DELICIO...