Chorizo Steamed Clams
Ingredients30 m servings 986
- Place large pot over medium heat; add olive oil. Stir in diced onion; cook and stir until onions begin to turn translucent, 3 or 4 minutes. Add chorizo; cook and stir to render some fat, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Pour in white wine.
- Raise heat to high and bring liquid to a boil. Immediately add clams and distribute evenly. Cover and cook until clams open, about 7 minutes. During this time you can occasionally shake the pot to "stir" the clams using potholders or a kitchen towel to hold the pot handles. It's best not to open the lid and stir.
- When clams have opened, remove pot from heat. Stir in butter and parsley; allow butter to melt. Serve clams in heated bowls with lots of the liquid.
- Cook's Note:
- You can really adapt this kind of thing to your tastes. Cilantro instead of parsley, leeks instead of onions, and mussels instead of clams, just to name a few. Just make sure you have plenty of grilled, or toasted bread around to soak up the glorious broth.
- The recipe yields enough cooked clams to serve 4 as an appetizer or 2 as a main dish.
Per Serving: 986 calories; 37.2 29.4 94.3 292 853 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
Great and very easy. I'm going to try to add a little spice next time.
This turned out to be outstanding. I did not have any Chorizo so I used Andouille sausage instead and it came out better than any clam dish I ever had. I added no salt to this dish.
I made it! But yes I tweaked the recipe a bit, I used fresh mussels instead of clams, I added a quarter cup of diced carrots with the onion and a can of diced tomatoes with the garlic... DELICIO...
It was delicious. I made it with mussels and will be making it many more times. Good chorizo makes everything taste better!!
Wonderful, I only had hot Italian sausage and beautiful Manila large clams. Added a little lemon pepper and dried red peppers. Nice balance. Try it and put your own twist to it. Drank more o...
Delicious way to serve fresh steamed clams. I used large Cherry Stone clams, chorizo (without the skin) and minced garlic. It was fabulous! Made it again the next day for a friend, only the c...
This is a very easy, super delicious recipe from Chef John. There was an abundance of clams and broth. A large meal for two. I made it exactly as written, but I may make a couple of revisions ne...