Bacalhau Cremoso (Brazilian Salt Cod Dip)
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Brazilian recipe for a beautiful fish dip made with salt cod and lots of olive oil. Serve it with breadsticks or toast as an inexpensive yet delicious starter for a dinner party, or as a yummy party dip."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 d 1 h 15 m servings 270
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Soak cod in a large bowl of water in the refrigerator for 24 hours, changing soaking water 4 to 5 times to remove the salt.
- Rinse the cod under running water; drain. Remove skin and bones.
- Transfer cod to a saucepan and cover with water. Heat over low heat until it is soft and flakes easily with a fork, about 30 minutes. Drain cod and let cool until easily handled, about 15 minutes. Shred finely and transfer to a large saucepan.
- Place saucepan over low heat. Pour in olive oil in a slow, steady stream, beating vigorously, until mixture thickens to the consistency of mayonnaise, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, parsley, salt, and white pepper. Let cool before serving, about 15 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- You can use a hand beater in step 4 if you like.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of salted cod, which is soaked overnight to remove most of the salt. The actual amount of salt consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 270 calories; 18.9 0.2 23.8 58 2672 Full nutrition