Chicken in Garlic and Black Bean Sauce
"This classic Chinese stir-fry dish is not only delicious, but also very simple to make. Chicken is stir-fried with onions, peppers, and bean sprouts, then served in a garlic and black bean sauce."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 175
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 main-dish servings)
- Mix 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water together in a bowl. Stir in soy sauce, sugar, and 1 teaspoon salt. Add chicken; toss to combine. Let stand to marinate, about 20 minutes.
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Add bean sprouts; cook just until blanched, about 30 seconds; drain.
- Combine 1/4 cup water, oyster sauce, and sugar together in a small bowl.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over high heat. Add black bean sauce and garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Add onion and 1/2 teaspoon salt; cook and stir until soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Add marinated chicken; stir-fry until opaque and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in oyster sauce mixture; cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Cover and simmer until flavors blend, about 3 minutes. Stir in bell pepper; cover and cook until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Dissolve 2 teaspoons cornstarch in 1 tablespoon water. Stir in bean sprouts and cornstarch mixture; cook until sauce is thickened, 2 to 3 minutes more.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Use any color of bell pepper you prefer for this dish.
- Substitute 1 1/2 teaspoons light soy sauce for the 1 tablespoon soy sauce n the marinade, if desired.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 175 calories; 5 8.2 23.1 59 849 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1