Steamed Pork Spare Ribs
made it | 0 reviews |
"These Chinese spare ribs are tender and delicious. The shrimp paste added in the marinade flavors the ribs really well. Serve as a starter, dim sum, or with freshly cooked rice."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 541 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Mix shrimp paste, fish sauce, black soy sauce, and sugar together in a bowl. Add spareribs, stir to coat, and marinate for 20 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch, peanut oil, and water together in a separate bowl; stir into spareribs and marinate, 5 to 7 minutes more. Remove spareribs from marinade and discard marinade.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add spareribs, cover, and steam until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 541 calories; 43.3 g fat; 7.1 g carbohydrates; 28.7 g protein; 143 mg cholesterol; 1145 mg sodium. Full nutrition