Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 31 m servings 253 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add potatoes, cover, and steam until easily pierced with a knife, 30 to 35 minutes. Drain and cool until easily handled, about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel and dice potatoes into 1-inch cubes. Spread on baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Grind garlic, black pepper, basil leaves, and cumin seeds into a paste with a mortar and pestle.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic paste and red chile pepper; cook and stir until garlic begins to brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in potatoes and lemon juice. Cover and cook until flavors combine, about 5 minutes. Stir in orange sauce and sesame seeds.
- Cook's Note:
- Use a spice grinder instead of a mortar and pestle in step 5 if desired.
Per Serving: 253 calories; 5.6 g fat; 46.7 g carbohydrates; 5.7 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 40 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I would definitely make these potatoes again! Absolutely delicious. I did leave out the orange and basil because I didn't have them on hand. I microwaved the potatoes instead of steaming. I also...