Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 132
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Mix sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Push mixture to the sides of the bowl to form a well in the center.
- Combine yogurt, coffee, applesauce, and vanilla extract in a small bowl. Pour yogurt mixture into the flour mixture. Fold gently with a spatula until just combined. Spread in the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until center is firm to the touch, 45 to 55 minutes. Cool slightly before cutting into squares, about 15 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can substitute water for the brewed coffee.
- If you use regular plain yogurt, omit the coffee/water. The brownies will have a cakier texture.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 132 calories; 2.1 28.7 2.9 3 74 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Very good; moist and luscious! I did a couple of things differently: I did not have any applesauce, so I instead pureed some peaches, canned in their own juice (drained). I also added 2 eggs (f...
I like these... they have a different tang to them from the yogurt and the coffee. I do think some nuts would improve the texture. I am chilling them to see how that works as well..