Ingredients31 m servings 424
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; cook the rotini until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes; drain.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes; cook and stir until onion begins to brown, about 4 minutes. Pour 1/4 cup wine into the skillet; scrape up any browned bits of food with wooden spoon.
- Stir sausage into onion mixture; pour remaining wine in gradually as mixture becomes dry. Cook until sausage is thoroughly browned; 7 to 10 minutes. Add broccolini; cook and stir until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes more. Add pasta; toss to combine. Stir in Parmesan, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Top with additional Parmesan to serve.
- Cook's Notes:
- I enjoy the chicken sausage from Sprouts® or Whole Foods® best.
- Broccoli can be substituted for the broccolini, if desired.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 424 calories; 14.8 50.9 19.1 27 590 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This had a lot of flavor. A little bit spicy and a little bit sweet. Perfect. I made only a few substitutions, regular broccoli in place of broccoli rabe and added in a fresh zucchini from our...
I have to say, I did not care for the chicken sausage that I used (no fault of the recipe). It was a chicken sausage with feta and spinach that I had picked up at Aldi. I did enjoy the dish thou...