Oxtail Soup Melody
made it | 0 reviews |
"If you like a great broth-based soup this is it. The juices from the oxtail make it different from any other meat soups. You can use different vegetables in it or the the ones in the recipe to your taste. Very easy to make if you have the time to spare. Perfect for a winter-time meal. Serve with corn tortillas or bread."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 119 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 cups)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Place oxtail in a baking dish and sprinkle seasoned salt over oxtail.
- Roast oxtail in a baking dish until well-browned, about 40 minutes. Remove from oven, reserving any drippings in baking dish.
- Heat beef broth, cabbage, potatoes, tomatoes, carrots, onion, orange juice, lime juice, garlic, bouillon, cumin, red pepper, bay leaves, salt, and black pepper together over medium heat in a large stockpot. Add oxtail and reserved drippings to soup; pour in water to fill stockpot halfway.
- Simmer soup, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are easily pierced with a fork, 30 to 40 minutes. Garnish with cilantro.
- Cook's Notes:
- Using fresh vegetables in this soup is highly recommended.
- Be sure to cook the oxtail before you add it to the soup or the meat will turn out tough.
Per Serving: 119 calories; 3 g fat; 15.6 g carbohydrates; 8.7 g protein; 21 mg cholesterol; 372 mg sodium. Full nutrition