Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients13 h 30 m servings 211
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 -cup servings)
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add oxtail and onion; cook until oxtail is until browned, 5 to 7 minutes per side. Transfer oxtail and onion to a slow cooker.
- Pour wine into the skillet and bring to a boil while scraping the browned bits of food off the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon. Pour wine mixture into slow cooker; add water to cover.
- Set slow cooker to Low; cook soup for 8 hours. Add potatoes, carrots, celery, and green beans; cook soup for 4 hours more.
- Cool soup slightly; refrigerate until fat has risen to top and solidified, about 1 hour. Scoop off fat; stir in tomatoes. Reheat soup on stove before serving.
You might also like
- Partner Tip
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 211 calories; 6.9 18.7 11 39 241 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This was just great!! Although I did change it a bit. I put in 1/2 c. Apple cider vinegar instead of the red wine. I didn't have celery, so I used 1/2 tsp. celery seed, instead. I didn't brown ...