Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 42 m servings 170
Original recipe yields 10 servings (20 small egg rolls)
- Place tofu on several layers of paper towels. Cover with more paper towels. Let drain, pressing down occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat; spray with cooking spray. Add garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Transfer to a large bowl. Cook and stir onion and green onions until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir into garlic in the bowl. Cook red cabbage until slightly tender, about 3 minutes. Add to garlic and onion mixture. Cook eggs, stirring frequently, until scrambled, about 3 minutes. Stir into bowl.
- Stir 1/4 cup peanut butter, chili sesame oil, lime juice, soy sauce, chili-garlic sauce, tamarind paste, and lime zest into bowl; toss until vegetable and egg mixture is evenly coated.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Spoon a small amount of filling into the middle of an egg roll wrapper. Fold over bottom and sides to enclose filling. Roll wrapper upwards to a form a neat roll shape. Use a pea-sized dot of peanut butter on the flap to seal. Repeat with remaining filling and wrappers.
- Arrange rolls on a baking sheet. Lightly spray all sides with cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are slightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute green cabbage for the red if preferred.
- Substitute cayenne powder for the garlic chile sauce if preferred.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 170 calories; 9.5 15.1 8.1 39 204 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Great recipe, baked and fried, fried wasn't any better....so what am I suppose to do with the tofu now?