Perfect Split Pea Soup
Ingredients40 m servings 382 cals
- Melt butter in a saucepan over high heat; add sweet potato, salt, and 1/4 cup water. Cook and stir just until sweet potato is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over low heat; add onion, carrot, garlic, and ginger; cook and stir until onions are brown, about 10 minutes.
- Place chicken stock, split peas, and marjoram in a pressure cooker. Cover pressure cooker with lid and cook soup according to manufacturer's instructions, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat; open pressure cooker carefully.
- Stir cooked sweet potatoes and onion-carrot mixture into split pea mixture. Garnish with Parmesan cheese; season with paprika and lemon pepper.
- Cook's Note:
- This recipe is best made with homemade chicken stock or bouillon from a paste. I recommend not using bouillon cubes.
- I recommend shaving the Parmesan at time of serving, not beforehand.
Per Serving: 382 calories; 8.5 g fat; 57.3 g carbohydrates; 22.2 g protein; 15 mg cholesterol; 1264 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Accidentally forgot carrots so substituted strips of sweet potato (not bad!). Would have given it a 5 star if it didn't have so much ginger. We'd take a bit with ginger and it was rather overp...
Cooked it in my crockpot instead of pressure cooker. Of course this took longer, but the flavors were delicious!