Perfect Split Pea Soup
Ingredients40 m servings 382
- Melt butter in a saucepan over high heat; add sweet potato, salt, and 1/4 cup water. Cook and stir just until sweet potato is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over low heat; add onion, carrot, garlic, and ginger; cook and stir until onions are brown, about 10 minutes.
- Place chicken stock, split peas, and marjoram in a pressure cooker. Cover pressure cooker with lid and cook soup according to manufacturer's instructions, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat; open pressure cooker carefully.
- Stir cooked sweet potatoes and onion-carrot mixture into split pea mixture. Garnish with Parmesan cheese; season with paprika and lemon pepper.
- Cook's Note:
- This recipe is best made with homemade chicken stock or bouillon from a paste. I recommend not using bouillon cubes.
- I recommend shaving the Parmesan at time of serving, not beforehand.
Per Serving: 382 calories; 8.5 57.3 22.2 15 1264 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Cooked it in my crockpot instead of pressure cooker. Of course this took longer, but the flavors were delicious!
Accidentally forgot carrots so substituted strips of sweet potato (not bad!). Would have given it a 5 star if it didn't have so much ginger. We'd take a bit with ginger and it was rather overp...